RE: W/C ratio, was:purposely permeable concrete

Jeff,

Why is the soils engineer specifying w/c ratio?

The old theory is that if you lower the w/c ratio you will have less shrinkage.  A lower w/c ratio will reduce bleed water and reduce permeability, but has not much effect on shrinkage.

Regards,
Harold Sprague
KL&A