Re: Partial Rigidity (was ALGOR, EAGLE, ETABS, STAAD etc.)

I would suggest to you looking at one of the best sources on semi-rigid
connections, entitled " Stability design of semi-rigid Frames", by W.F.
Chen. It comes with a program and there is a good database of connections of
various size and configurations. You can get fairly reaslistic estimate of
connection rotational stiffness for most of standard connections, as the
stiffnesses are based on both analytical model of connections and
experimental results combined.

I hope this helps.

Majid Sarraf
Ph.D Candidate/ Lecturer

Dept. of Civil Eng.
University of Ottawa
Ottawa, Canada

At 01:39 AM 6/8/1998 EDT, you wrote:
>I have to admit that I need more help from you.  You can certainly have more
>freedom to assume whatever value you wish to release in your model and
>analyses.  But, what I don't know is how can I select values that are good and
>realistic value?  How do I judge if the results are accurate?  Is there a good
>source for this information?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Y. Henry Haung

              ~      ~           ~ ___
                       [_________]-|__)
              __________OO______O__O_O___________________________
                  |==========================================|
                   \               Majid Sarraf             /
                    \             Ph.D Candidate           /
                     \   Department of Civil Engineering  /
                      |        University of Ottawa      |
                      |           Ottawa, Ontario        |
                      |            Canada K1N 6N5        |