[Fwd: Re: Q&A - Future of Server]

Thanks Bill for your input.
--- Begin Message ---

1. Do you visit the list server because of its contents?
Yes, this is the best place for structural engineers to communicate that I
am
aware of.

2. Do you sign up the list server because of the name seaoc.org?
Not primarily, but it did influence me in a positive manner.

3. Do you like the idea of a change of name to sea_int.org ( which stand
for SEA International)?
Not really - it's clearer the way it is.

4. Will there be draw back if the name changes within the next 3 months?
Some minor inconveniences and potential confusion.

5. Can you adopt to a change of name within the 3 months transition?
Yes, if necessary.

6. Can you volunteer to assist our CAC to maintain this server?
No.

7. If the server is run by an outside vendor other than our members,
will you continue your support?
If it doesn't change too much, yes.

8. Do current vendors participate because of the seaoc.org name or the
popularity of the server?
Due to the structural "audience".

--- End Message ---