Re: Q&A - Future of Server

>1. Do you visit the list server because of its contents?

Is there any other reason to?

>2. Do you sign up the list server because of the name seaoc.org?
No, I found it because of the SEAOC.ORG name, I signed up for the information
presented by it's participants.

>3. Do you like the idea of a change of name to sea_int.org ( which stand
>for SEA International)?
    Not particularly, do I have a choice?

>4. Will there be draw back if the name changes within the next 3 months?
    The name will suffer, why not just SEA anonymous. (just kidding, sorta...)

>5. Can you adopt to a change of name within the 3 months transition?
    It's just a couple of mouse clicks. The phrase "within the three month transition"
    makes me think we don't really have a choice in the matter.

>6. Can you volunteer to assist our CAC to maintain this server?
    Sorry, I wish I could.

>7. If the server is run by an outside vendor other than our members,
>will you continue your support?
    Yes, as long as I don't start getting a lot of junk e-mail or banners from companies
    outside of the civil/structural community. Then I drop it like like a rock!

>8. Do current vendors participate because of the seaoc.org name or the
>popularity of the server?
    Vendors go to where the customers are, where ever they are. Names are
    irrelevant except in that they usually identify the participants.