Re: Engineering ethics (St. Joan of Arc)

>Yes, yes, yes!  Are you willing to bet your house, and perhaps your
>livelihood, to help protect a public that basically doesn't want to be
>protected?  Remember what happened to Joan of Arc!

Ummmm, it seems to me that it is extremely unlikely that any act by a
contemporary engineer, male or female, on horseback or not, in the public
interest or not, will result in that engineer being sold to the English,
put on trial for heresy and witchcraft, and then burnt at stake. Even less
likely that said engineer would end up being made a saint for it all.

You never really know, though.

Maura Gatensby Architect
Vancouver, B.C.