plywood shearwall nail slip values

I am working on a program for calculating shear wall deflections and have some
questions about the nail slip values "en" listed in the UBC Standards (UBC
Volume  3, Table 23-2-k on page 3-739).  Can anyone give me direction where to
find information on how these slip values were calculated or are they the
results of testing.  I would like to be able to calculate the slip values for
16d common nails when used to connect a 2x cripple stud to a 2x king stud or
larger post.  I know the "en" values shown in this table are for connection
plywood to 2x framing, so the equation for 2x to 2x lumber may be different.

I am trying to account for the nail slip deflection when using a tie rod as a
holdown and transfering the load to the plywood sheathing.  As an example, the
tie rod extends up half the wall height and sits on a bearing block with a
washer plate.  The bearing block sites on two cripple studs which are nailed
to a king stud along each side of the bearing block.  The king studs would
also be nailed to the bearing block.  I am currently treating this nail slip
between the 2x cripple and king stud (post) as being independant from the nail
slip associated with the rest of the plywood shear wall sheathing.  I think it
may be overly conservative to use the 10d slip values for 16d nails, but then
again, maybe more slip occurs between two pieces of 2x nailed together as
opposed to a piece of plywood nailed to 2x framing.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Cochran
Mlcse(--nospam--at)aol.com