RE: W/C ratio

I agree with Mr. Sherman.  The amount of water has a great affect on
shrinkage.  This is particularly true for high slump grouts.  My experience
with high slump grouts has been that the use of high range water reducers
greatly decreases the shrinkage.  I have seen grout mixes (water, sand and
cement) with shrinkage as high as 4% .  The shrinkage was reduced to less
than 1% by the use of high range water reducers and significant reduction
in the water used.   The examples Mr. Sprague gave have approximately the
same water content.  Therefore, the shrinkage should be about the same.

I agree that different w/c ratios can have the same shrinkage.  I agree
with Mr. Sherman's statements.