Re: W/C ratio, was:purposely permeable concrete

We've specified design mixes with 0.40 w/c ratio for projects at the beach to
reduce permeability.  I think it was achieved using fly ash, which counts with
the cement in the w/c ratio.  Admixtures were also used for workability and to
neutralize the salt water.  By the time we were done, the concrete was not
cheap, but so far we have had no problems.

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.