RE: Elevated Tanks

You want the answer in 25 words or less, I assume?  You can't hope to
become expert enough to perform these designs by reading a book or a
standard.  I suggest you write a performance spec based on AWWA D100-96,
with requirement for prequalification of the fabricators, and let
someone like CBI or PDM, who have decades of experience, do the actual
detailed design.