RE: Elevated Tanks

Refer to Amer. Water Works Assoc. [ AWWA] spec. D-100 for design design
loads, materials and allowable stresses. However this document is lacking
when it comes to design of attachment plates and the balcony girder. I have
not been able to find any good references related to those areas. I guess
one approach is to do a finite element analysis, but considering the number
of tanks already out their that seems to be overkill. AWWA may have some
information.

Jim hester