Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: FEMA 310, Handbook for the Seismic E[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: FEMA 310, Handbook for the Seismic E
- From: Roger Turk <73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 11:44:47 -0400
Rick Ranous wrote: . > In many ways we are being USED by FEMA ... It is not only FEMA that is USING structural engineers, but many other organizations as well. I am serving on the Tucson/Pima County Building Code Review Committee and repeatedly find that recommendations of SEAOA are ignored. It has become my practice to state that SEAOA's objections are to be written into the record. I am about to ask that our objections be included in any report/recommendation to the governing bodies. I can see that when something happens, the building official(s) will tell the public that the building code was reviewed and approved by the professions and they (the building officials) are only doing what the community wants. A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural) Tucson, Arizona
- Prev by Subject: FEMA 310
- Next by Subject: Fwd: FEMA 310, Handbook for the Seismic Evaluation
- Previous by thread: Re: FEMA 310, Handbook for the Seismic Evaluation of Buildings --A Prestandard.
- Next by thread: tension only bracing