Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Wood Shear Walls Bracing Masonry[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: Wood Shear Walls Bracing Masonry
- From: Robert J Bossi <rjbossi(--nospam--at)sonic.net>
- Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:39:41 -0700
The 12 foot limitation first appeared in the 1988 UBC. Prior to that wood diaphragms were only permitted to brace walls in one story buildings (ie. roof diapragms only). This code change allowed wood diaphragms in two story buildings (roof and floor) subject to the enumerated limitations. Unless you are designing a two story building it does not apply.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Wood Shear Walls Bracing Masonry
- Next by Subject: RE: Wood Shear Walls Bracing Masonry
- Previous by thread: RE: Wood Shear Walls Bracing Masonry
- Next by thread: SE Review manuals