Re: tying rebar

First time I ever heard of this, better watch out at construction, your
contractor may use electrical conduit in lieu of rebar. :>)

W. Gray Hodge wrote:

> A contractor asked me whether it would be acceptable to use plastic zip
> ties (like those used by electricians to tie wire bundles) to tie rebar
> at splices in lieu of 16 ga wire.  Is there any particular reason to
> allow/disallow the practice?

begin:          vcard
fn:             Tom  Chiu
n:              Chiu;Tom
org:            Thomas Engineering
email;internet: Tomchiu(--nospam--at)worldnet.att.net
title:          Principal, SE
tel;work:       (714) 221-3663
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE