From: Roger Turk [mailto:73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 1998 2:34 PM
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject: Re: Wood Shear Walls Bracing Masonry

Pack Rat Roger Turk found the proposed change in SEAOC's submittal for a
change to the 1994 UBC in which a massive rewrite of a large part of Chapter
16 was proposed.  This was part of code change item 177 published in the
Nov-Dec, 1995 Building Standards, Part III, page 117.  Proponent was
SEAOC/Code, Contact:  James R. Johnson, J. R. Johnson Associates, 2211
Hacienda Blvd., Ste. 215, Hacienda Heights, CA  91745.

Hope this points you in the right directions, Barry.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona