Re: tying rebar

Plastic products have been used for many years to secure reinforcment
from displacement. There are plastic "donuts" that help provide required
clearances for vertical reinforcement from column or wall formwork.
There are also plastic chairs available for slab reinforcement.

As far as strength goes plastic ties in general are alot stronger then
you would think - probably as strong as a tie wire. (Plastic ties are
used by some Police Officers in lieu of handcuffs)

It seems using the plastic ties for tieing rebar would be appropriate
but CRSI should be the best source to answer this.

PS  Is this the Gray Hodge who used to work at Walter P Moore in
Houston?