Re: SCBF - Steel Concentrically Braced Frames in Special and Tal

Michael Valley wrote:

> See UBC (1997) Section 1629.7 and Table 16-N.  Height limits are
> placed on SCBF systems without a SMRF backup.

Oooohhhh, you mean THAT table . . . I was
wondering what that was for  :))))

Ok, so I'm as blind as a bat, but that covers tall
buildings.  What about "special" buildings?

Stan Johnson, PE, Reading a book faster than the
speed of light might have no great effect on
time.  Cut and paste until the book is one long
strip.  Place the strip at a great distance and
use a powerful telescope to read it in less time
than it takes for light to travel the length of
the strip.  You have read the book faster than the
speed of light without every making any piece in
the system actually move faster than the speed of
light.