Re: 1-3/4" roof slab

In my opinion, you have a 1-3/4 thick UN-reinforced concrete slab, with   1"   of dead load
plaster on top of it.  The plaster wil not provide sufficient corrosion protection for the
metal, and in a few years it will corrode and expand, resulting in delamination of the plaster
from the concrete slab.

If this is the case, then the dead load of the plaster + the 30 PSF live load would cause the
concrete to be over-stressed.  However, note that UN-reinforced concrete is not permitted for
this type of construction (ACI 318-95, para.   22.2.2).

My $.02

Regards,

Lew Midlam