RE: Blast Resistant structures

Sassan,

For structural design, refer to Design of Blast Resistant Buildings in
Petrochemical Facilities published by ASCE in 1997.

For siting issues related to occupied buildings, refer to Management of
Hazards Associated with Location of Process Plant Buildings, API
Recommended Practice 752, published by CMA and API, 1995.

There are several other good references, but these should get you started.

Walt Sawruk
EQE International, Inc.
Shillington, PA
ws(--nospam--at)eqe.com