RE: Moment connection

I have what is probably a simple question, but cannot find any reference discussing it.  When designing a fully rigid moment connection to a column web using top and bottom flange plates, should the resulting flange force be resisted by welds only to the column flanges, or can it be resisted by welds to the column web as well as the flanges?

Figure 10-25 (b) in Volume 2 of the LRFD manual is the condition I have.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry King, PE