RE: Screen Anchors in Unreinforced Masonry

Answering your second question first:  it would seem to me that a cosmetic
repair to a mortar joint would be much simpler than repairing the brick.

Regarding your first question:  I think you should relay it to Hilti (or
other mfr.)  I couldn't locate any info on installing screens in the joint,
but the illustrations I found all showed the installation roughly centered
in the units.  Drilling the holes in the grout doesn't sound like a good
idea, though.

Dan