Light Guage Inspection Questions

I am Principal Inspector for a structural inspection firm in Southern
California, I am to inspect an overseas project in a monsoon climate and
moisture will be a significant issue.
Questions have arisen regarding light guage steel framing inspection.  I've
posted a question to the American Galvanizers Association and am still
awaiting an answer.

When assembling a light guage steel framed wall panel, including drilling
and         screwing galvanized metal framing members, is it necessary to
treat the         penetrations with a paint or paste, as with epoxy coated
rebar, to seal the         metal and prevent rust?

Do the screw heads need any treatment after they have been installed?
What if power driven pins or welding is used?  I have the AWS refernces.

What requirements are there for the anchors set in the concrete.
The Field Guide from the Light Guage Steel Engineers Assoc 2.1.3 refers to
            "popped screw heads"?  What is this condition?

Additionally, the Field Guide 2.1.4 refers to possible problems within 48
hours         of screwed connection installation related to "hydrogen
embrittlement"?  What is        this, what are consequences and how may I
inspect for it?

Plywood is proposed to cover the diaphragms and walls.  Is there any
special            requirement to connect wood elements to the steel
framing for high moisture             conditions?

Thanks for your help and if anyone knows of additional references that
might help, please respond.

R. Sandy Pringle       STRUCTURAL INSPECTION CONSULTANTS Inc.
sandyp(--nospam--at)sic-inc.com 	 (800)598-1970    Fax(310)376-5294
http://www.sic-inc.com	 Hermosa Beach & Redondo Beach, CA

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the
intelligent are full of doubt. -Bertrand Russell