SCREEN ANCHORS IN UNREINFORCED (BRICK) MASONRY

IN REGARDS TO BOLTING INTO THE GROUT JOINT IN A BRICK WALL I WOULD LIKE TO
PASS ALONG THIS OBSERVATION BASED ON MY OWN EXPERIENCE. MASON DON'T ALWAYS
PROVIDE A FULL WIDTH GROUT BED WHEN LAYING BRICK. MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHECK
THIS BEFORE DECIDING WHICH WAY TO INSTALL THE ANCHORS. I GUESS WHICH
DIRECTION THE LOAD IS APPLIED ALSO HAS AN INFLUENCE ON THIS PROBLEM.
GOOD LUCK.
don.herington(--nospam--at)theaustin.com