Old and New Woman

Very well put, Kate!

>>Although humorous, it has many applications, the primary one being the
change in focus from serving others to being extremely self-centered.  No
wonder the country has gone downhill.  What do you think?<<

Well, all kidding aside, I think both attitudes leave a lot to be desired
I can't imagine letting my entire world revolve around another human being
(what a burden for them to carry!). Nor would I want theirs to completely
revolve around me.

Somewhere in the middle with each party exhibiting some healthy enlightened
self-interest as well as love and concern for the other sounds ideal