Re: Screen Anchors in Unreinforced Masonry

Fred:

I've read most of the other responses and most say about the same thing.  I agree with the general consensus.

However, I would like to add that the holes to be drilled should be done with a rotary drill and not a rotary hammer drill.  A hammer drill may cause additional damage to the surrounding masonry.  A rotary drill should not take that much more time due to the softness of the brick/mortar.

Mike Brown, P.E.