RE: Screen Anchors in Unreinforced Masonry

I just wanted to add to Dennis comments about anchor locations in the wall.  If you use standard combination anchors drilled at 22.5 degrees angle, it does not matter what you are drilling into (brick or mortar joint) because you are embedding into the brick either way.  Using 7 inch embedment, the vertical component of anchor "displacement" is 2.7 inch.

Sasha Itsekson, PE