RE: concrete in corrosive environment

I am involved in a project in Newark NJ where a building is being designed, supported on piles.  A environmental investigation was performed at the site.  The results were that for the soil, methane and hydrogen sulfide were found in the soil gas sample.  The report states that hydrogen sulfide is corrosive to metal and cement.

In the groundwater samples, the Total Dissolved Solids indicate that brackish conditions exist (> 1000 mg/l), the chloride concentrations are considerably above the average of 6 mg/l, and hardness values indicate relatively hard groundwater (>200 mg/l), and concentrations of sodium ranged from 10-100 mg/l to > 100 mg/l, with the higher concentrations deeper within the saturated zone ( at least 20 feet below grade).

My problem is that I am now trying to determine whether steel or concrete piles would be better in these conditons, and what to specify for the concrete in the pile caps and grade slabs.  When I called the environmental engineer, he was unable to offer any advice.

Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry King, PE