Re: temp steel

Lew Midlam wrote:

> Doesn't a 12" thick shotcrete wall need require 2 layers of reinforcement (ACI 318-95, para
> 14.3.4)?
>
> Lew Midlam, PE

This is a good point although since it is a retaining wall would it not fall under the
exception for basement walls? One of the criteria for steel placement per ACI is "not less than
3/4" from interior surface" so I would interpretate this requirement to be for a wall which is
not exposed to earth.

Mark