RE: Smarter Engineers!!

[john] Gee, and they say Engineers can't take a joke.  Boy, society sure is
wrong about us.  Lighten up!
Personally, I thought it was pretty funny.  Keep'em coming Stan.  Also, I
enjoy the quotes after your name and the Dilbert stuff that you send.

John Jones, EIT
Pell City, AL

"If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough!"  --Bob Barnett, PE

[robert]
what a stupid comment

[stan]
>This humorous contribution was sent by my son, a young mechanical
>engineer who is currently running 100,000 DOF FEA models of heart
>valves
>in Austin, Texas:
>

>A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo, and
>when
>the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back
>that
>are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a
>whole, because the general speed and health of the whole keeps
>improving
>by the regular culling of the weakest members.
>
>In much the same way, the human brain can operate only as fast as the
>slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills
>off
>brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain
>cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the
>weaker cells, constantly making the brain a faster and more efficient
>machine. The results of this in-depth epidemiological study verifies
>and
>validates the causal link between all-weekend parties and engineering
>performance. It also explains why, after a few short years of leaving
>university and getting married, most engineers cannot keep up with the
>performance of the new graduates. Only those few that stick to the
>strict regimen of voracious alcoholic consumption can maintain the
>intellectual levels that they achieved during their university years.
>
>So, this is a call to arms. As our country is losing its technological
>edge we should not shudder in our homes. Get back into the bars! Quaff
>that beer! Your company and country need you to be at your peak, and
>you
>shouldn't deny yourself the career that you could have. Be all that
>you
>can be!  Drink all that you can drink!
>
>--- Anonymous Brainchild

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]