RE: Smarter Engineers!!

[John]

Gee, and they say Engineers can't take a joke.  Boy, society sure is
wrong about us.  Lighten up!  Personally, I thought it was pretty funny.
 Keep'em coming Stan.

OK, here's another (sorry Robert):

A Programmer and an Engineer are sitting next to each other on a very
long flight from LA to NY.  The Programmer leans over to the Engineer
and asks if he would like to play a fun game.  The Engineer just wants
to take a nap, so he politely declines and rolls over to the window to
catch a few winks. The Programmer persists and explains that the game is
really easy, and a lot of fun!  He explains, "I ask you a question, and
if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5."  Again, the Engineer
politely declines and tries to get some sleep.  The Programmer, now
somewhat agitated, says, "OK, if you don't know the answer you pay me
$5, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you $50!"  This catches
the Engineer's complete attention, and he sees no end to this torment
unless he plays, so he agrees to the game. The Programmer asks the first
question.  "What is the distance from the earth to the moon?"  The
Engineer doesn't say a word, reaches in to his wallet, pulls out a $5
and hands it to the Programmer.  Now, it is the Engineer's turn.  He
asks the Programmer, "What goes up a hill with three legs, and comes
down with four?"  The Programmer looks at him with a puzzled look.  He
takes out his laptop computer and searches all his references.  He taps
into the Airphone with his modem and searches the Net and the Library of
Congress.  Frustrated, he sends E-mail to all his co-workers and friends
he knows.  All to no avail. After an hour, he wakes the Engineer and
hands him $50.  The Engineer politely takes the $50, and turns away to
Engineer and asks, "Well, so what IS the answer?" Without a word, the
Engineer reaches into his wallet, hands the Programmer $5 and goes back
to sleep.

Stan Caldwell in Dallas

Just because you are growing older,
doesn't mean that you have to mature!