Re: Steel bolts pulled thru steel plate

You didn't give any details on the member or plate geometry. If the geomtery
is rather complex I suggest modeling the plate using any FEM software (i.e..
RISA 3D, SAP or SAFE).

You can place your restraints on the bolt points and and distribute the
tensile force between the points on the member-plate interface, include any
stiffeners if present. If more realistic modeling is required constrain
joints on the member-plate interface for translation.

Sassan Parhizgari