Re: Screwed Gypboard Shearwalls

Subject: Screwed Gypboard Shearwalls

...............>the nailing while the screwed non shearwalls looked great.  Has anyone ever
>seen or allowed screws to be used in lieu of the nails?
>
>Patricia Small
>Tucson, AZ

I have seen such systems in New Zealand before I left there in 1991.  There were also on or two systems that had national approval to the extent that some developers started looking at building entirely out of drywall units called, I believe, "Triwall".  Whether that system has still developed or not I don't know.  Bruce Shephard in NZ may be able to enlighten us.  It would seem to be highly quality assurance-dependent.

Thor Tandy
Victoria BC