ICBO ER Anchor Bolt Values

I've been unsubbed from this list for a while, and have missed
anydiscussion which may have taken place on this topic. I have
unsuccesfully searched the archives, also.

Anyway, I'm sure everyone is aware that the ICBO reports have, over the
last couple of years, added a comment sort of like "The use of these
anchors to resist wind and seismic loads is beyond the scope of this
report." This of course, effectively removes ICPO "approval" of the
anchors. I think by now that they have pretty much disavowed (shades of
the IMF) use of all drilled-in, mechanical anchors, but not the chemical
ones.

I have several questions that I am hoping some of the list members may be
able to help with.

1. Why?

2. I have always understood that ICBO "approval" is required for code
compliance, however I can't find where it says this in the code. If my
assumption is correct, can anyone quote me chapter and verse?

3. What are y'all using instead?

Thanks
Bob Shilling, SE             Berkeley, CA          shilling(--nospam--at)emf.net