From: Parkerres(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Parkerres(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Monday, June 22, 1998 12:43 PM
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject: Re: Earthquakes and land movement + claim of properties

You may see if you can get any info from either LA City or LA County
regarding
the Portugese Bend area of Palos Verdes, CA, where a Caltrans induced
creeping
landslide has allowed the homes in the area to move hundreds of feet over
the
last 20 years or so.  Though the owners have long since been paid off for
their loss, some folks still continue to live there with flexible
foundations
and flexible mechanical hookups that just need to be reworked every few
years
or so.  I would guess that somebody has researched the property issues on
this
at some point.

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.