RE: other lists [pressure vessels]

>If you find one let me know.  I chair the Nonbuildings Technical
>Subcommittee for the BSSC, and have members in that field of work.  The
>problem is that the vessels are often proprietary.  You will not find a
>very free exchange of information.

The only other forum I know is at the ASME web site
<http://www.asme.org/bboard/main-frame.tcl?topic=Pressure%20Vessel%20and%20
Piping>. It's fairly clumsy but there are some interesting posts. There's
been some confusion among people looking for an official Code
Interpretation by the Code Committee. This forum doesn't provide such--if
you want an Interpretation you have to submit it the hard way.
Regrettably the ASME is also entering the information age the hard
way--dragged by the neck, kicking and screaming. The National Board
<http://www.nationalboard.org> is also a good source for information but
there's no mailing list. If you're interested in boiler technology
steam-l <SUBSCRIBE STEAM-LIST firstname lastname> is a pretty good list,
but there's very pressure vessel code chatter.

BTW, we pressure vessel wonks aren't really all that close-mouthed. But
after all the bitching over 'damn cookbooks' one minute and lack of
detail guidance the next, we tend to wait 'til we're asked. ;->

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw