Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Moment Redistribution[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org'" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: Moment Redistribution
- From: "Chance, Acie P." <acie_chance(--nospam--at)wdi.disney.com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 08:30:27 -0700
I came across a condition new to me the other day ( I have not done a lot of concrete work ) and would like to get some feed back from the list. When redistributing the negative moment over an interior support ( ACI-318 Sec. 8.4 ) the positive moment in the span goes up along with the shear and reaction at the exterior support. Is the exterior support designed for the increased load from the redistributed plastic moment or the load from the elastic analysis. Also what load is the interior support designed for the higher elastic or the redistributed smaller plastic moment. I designed both for the worst case however this does not set well with me as there is only one load and one load path and a unique value for the reaction should be possible. The redistributed reactions seams like the right one to me based on the beam capacity. I got mixed reviews at the office on which reactions to use in design.
- Prev by Subject: Re: moment frame conn. per FEMA
- Next by Subject: RE: Moment Redistribution
- Previous by thread: Re: FOS for Overturning
- Next by thread: RE: Moment Redistribution