RE: Moment Redistribution

Although not specifically precluded in the ACI, the intent was not to redistribute shear and reaction forces.  The intent of section 8.4 was only to take advantage of plastic hinges forming at the supports which reduces the negative rebar and increases the positive rebar.   Hopefully your structure is not so sensitive to not have the capacity for the small increase in reaction forces.

Few engineers use moment redistribution in the design stage unless the elements are highly repetitive.  In practice it is generally used as a back door for increasing rated capacities of elements.

Harold Sprague, PE
Krawinkler, Luth & Assoc.