Re: Steel - Acme thread

AISI 4140 steel & A193-B7 are very similar if not identical proved you
specify the correct heat treat level for the material (4130, 4140 & 4340
are all very good alloy steels) Rc 28 to 32 is a good hardness level.

regards    (BTW this sounds like a job for an ME )
]
 Robert Kazanjy, PE  **Disclaimer: I speak for myself not UC-Irvine**
 Senior Development Engineer
 Civil & Environmental Engineering
 UC Irvine
 E4130 EG,  Zot: 2175