Analysis Standards - Nomenclature?

We have discussed establishing CAD standards in the past, but I don't think
that we have ever talked about uses standards in analysis. Many of us who
design large custom home are painfully aware how difficult it can become to
track reactions and to assure that all loads are applied to the proper
member. Large commercial and industrial structures, for the most part, are
rather symetrical and don't have the same level of difficulty as many of the
architectural designs found in wood framed projects. Therefore, it becomes
much more difficult to track members and loads from top to bottom.
I have tried various different ways to track members and loads in my
analysis package - the typical B?? for beams, RJ?? For Roof Joist, CJ -
ceiling joist, C?? for columns etc. In each case I still tend to lose my
load paths and spend a great deal of time tracking reactions that occur from
one member which are to be applied to another.
I also try to coordinate my member numbers on the plans so that it helps
simplify both the plan check cycle as well as later revisions.
1. What types of standard's or tracking methods do others use?
2. Do you use a spreadsheet while laying out loads? If so, do you have a
means to sort reactions so that you can track which member they are applied
to (other beams, headers, columns or foundations)?
3. Has anyone used a graphic program like Visio or Powerpoint to graphically
track loading conditions which are then pasted into an analysis program like
MathCad? What other sources are available to simplify setting up an analysis
model.
4. How do you establish your member nomenclature priority?
5. Do you use a standard  nomenlature to track reactions (ie, B01R01,2,3 -
Beam 01 Reaction 01, 02 and 03 for a two-span beam)?
6. How do you number revisions - especially if you need to change the
framing in one area of a large structure? This has happened where the
architect and owner wished to modify the view from a bedroom and decided to
remove a column (gravity and laterally loaded) to join the mitered glass
corner for an unobstructed view.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone interested so that we might find a
standard which would help us organize our design time better. If you know of
any commercial software that performs this function, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Dennis S. Wish PE