RE: Trading of Electronic Drawing Files

There are a lot of consultant liability issues in releasing electronic
drawings of their work....

1)  The client should approve of this because they paid for it and
therefore technically own them.  In the spirit of "partnering" with other
subconsultants, the client should encourage the use of trading electronic
drawings in order to resolve interferences and get everybody on the same
"page".

2)  All title blocks should be purged from the drawings.  This will
eliminate any possibility of someone else altering the drawings and
reissueing them with the consultant title block (and sometimes the PE
stamp!!!)

3)  Contractors ask all the time to get electronic drawings in order for
them to cost effectively develop layout sheets and backgrounds (i.e. PT
Deck shop drawings).  I don't see a problem with this as long as the title
blocks are deleted and PURGED from the drawing.