Re: FOS forOvtg clarification

After reading through all the post on this topic so far, I think we shoud
define first what Factor of Safety are we talking about.

In practical analysis, we should determine the Factor of Safety against
instability of a particular structure, caused by specific, factored,
externally applied loads(or combination of loads) and resisted by the
structure's factored dead weight plus a portion of other restraining forces
around the structure we wish to consider.

I'll  give examples on my nest post.

Ernie Natividad