RE: Trading of Electronic Drawing Files

Comments below

Before AutoCAD r13, this was easy to do by making a block of your drawing
and re-inserting it with x and y scale factors not equal (say X scale = 1.0
and Y scale = 1.0000001).  Releases prior to r13 could not explode blocks
with unequal insertion scales (although there may be lisp routine somewhere
that would allow this).  Subsequent releases of AutoCAD have rendered this
trick obsolete.

I remember from my visits to comp.cad.autocad newsgroup several months ago,
this problem came up, and there was a post by someone stating that their
firm was working on a solution that would be commercially avaialble soon.
One might try searching dejanews for threads such as "locking autocad
drawings" to find this or other discussions on the same topic.

If anyone out there knows someone who has Autodesk's ear (HA!) this would be
a wonderful thing to build into subsequent releases of the software.

Dan