Re: Analysis Standards - Nomenclature?

Steve Privett wrote:

. > The callouts are marked on a ref plan that is a layer of my cad dwg and
. > included in my calcs at a reduced scale.  We seem to be on the same
. > wavelength for most.. RR1, RR2 etc; CJ1, CJ2; RB1, RB2; FB1, FB2
. > etc....  When there is a change of level, I increase the number to the
. > next multiple of 10.

I basically do the same thing that Steve does, except that I use the format,
lv[mbr]##, where lv is the level (R for roof, or R1, R2, etc., for multiple
roofs, or the floor level, 1, 2, 3, M (mezzanine), etc.), [mbr is the
member (R for rafter, B for beam, G for girder, etc,), and ## the number of
the beam in the order that they are in my calcs.

Ernie Natavidad wrote:

. > I do everything by hand right now ...

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone! <G>

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona