How to find actual e-mail address?

Very often we are flooded with unsolicited mail.  When replies to such
mails are attempted, out of anger or out of curiosity, nothing seems to
happen.  The computer simply waits, probably trying to locate the sender
giving an impression that the address of the sender of original post
could be phony.  Am I correct in my conclusion?  If so, is it possible
to get the correct address of the sender.  If not, the sender could be a
crook or a con artist, in which case is it possible to bring him to
authorities?  (Example: ca101(--nospam--at)ultimatesuccess.net)

Rajendran