Building an additional storey to an exis

Terrence Turner wrote:

. > We have heard that the design will not proceed if we propose an
. > expensive and time consuming retrofit of the existing structure.

If this is the basic question, then I would suggest that you consider what
*your* professional responsibility is.

Is getting the job more important than structural adequacy?

Are you (rhetorically) professional enough to give the client the *bad* news
as well as good news?

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona