Re: Lateral design Criteria in Boliva

Lanny Flynn ------flynn(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com wrote:

> Does anyone have any lateral design criteria/info for Santa Cruz, Bolivia:?
> I'm looking for basic wind speed associated with an annual probability of 0.02 measured 33ft above ground (UBC)
> Basic Seismic criteria -ie: ground motion based on 10% exceedence in a 50 year period.
> Any and all information would be appreciated!!!

jujuy: argentinian province in the far north east, limiting with Bolivia.
basic wind velocity: instantaneous average velocity on an interval of 3
seconds, in (or on, or at) open exposure, @ a reference level of 10[m]
source: argentinian code for wind action against structures.
This code is available in the web, and, listen (or better said read
)carefully please: for free!!!!!!!. Of course, is written in the 2nd
lenguage of USA (and one day may be the most spoken), that is spanish.

About earthquake, I think that extrapolation is not possible in this
case. I'll try to find out what is specified for a storage tanks
quotation for Bolivia which is presently on the road.