Re: "Soccer World Cup" calculation

K. Hemmatyar wrote:

> Forwarded  by:
> Kasey Hemmatyar
> Here's an interesting article from some English fan.
>  -----------------------------------------------------
>   Numbers don't lie. Or do they?
>
>   A bit of world cup fun :
>
>   Brazil last won the world cup in 1994.
>   Before that they won it in 1970.
>   Add 1970 and 1994, it equals 3964.
>
>   Argentina last won the world cup in 1986.
>   Before that they won it in 1978.
>   Add 1978 and 1986, it equals 3964.
>
>   Germany last won in 1990.
>   Before that they won in 1974.
>   Add 1990 and 1974, it equals 3964.
>
>   Here's the scary part:
>
>   England last won the cup in 1966.
>   Add it to 1998...
>
>   IT EQUALS 3964!!

>  Lets have a look at who lifted the cup over few decades:
>
>    1966 : England
>
>    1970 : Brazil
>
>    1974 : Germany
>
>    1978 :Argentina
>
>    1982 : Italy [as median]
>
>    1986 : Argentina
>
>    1990 : Germany
>
>    1994 : Brazil
>
>    1998 : ?
>
>  Taking Italy at the center, every other team has lifted the cup twice;
> so don't you think its England's time to do the same this year?

soccer world cup winner, that it was supposed to be England, I thought
that was very funny and smart.
But when it happend that we the argies had to face england in the final
16?s, not only my forehead got shriveled then.
Fortunately, after a plain match, without blood, with a lot of sweat, and
very very close to tears, we succeded.
I?m glad you were wrong, but your prediction made me (and several
friends) think a lot.
Till the next world cup.