New years brings new technology to SEAOSC members

The new fiscal year began today for SEAOSC. With that, we have a new board
and a new President. Our new President Mr. James Lai will post a monthly
"President's Message" to our very popular web site. His first message is
already on the web and you can read his message at:

http://www.seaoc.org/seaosc

I salute James Lai for his efforts in embracing the Internet and reaching
out. Our leaders need to take the lead and not "lurk". James has definately
laid the first stone.

In addition to monthly president's message on the web, here are some other
upcoming attractions:

1. Begining October 1, 1998, our new State President, John Ship will also
post his monthly messages on our home page. John has been a subscriber to
this list server for over 2 years.

2. SEAOSC board meeting minutes will be posted regularly on the web. This
process has already begun and all the SEAOSC board minutes from January
1998 are now on our web site at http://www.seaoc.org/seaosc . I am planing
to work with other sections presidents and see if we can have them post
their board meeting minutes and monthly message on our web site.

Our web site and list server are gaining hits at an exponential rate. Last
month we recorded over 108,000 hits. This is all because of our membership
voluntary efforts. I like to thank all the members ( and non-members) that
have made the list server and the web site so popular.

To sign-up for membership, simply visit the web site and fill an
application form. If you are a vendor and would like to advertise on our
web site, simply sign-up on our web site.

Thank you for your support.

Shafat Qazi, P.E.
Chair SEASC CAC
Director SEAOSC