From: HBAP(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:HBAP(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 1998 4:08 PM
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject: Re: Continuity ties

No, it does not make sense to go from "wall to wall", particularly when the
building is 200 ft long and, say, 40 ft wide. I don't know the wording of
Division 91, however, the '97 UBC rationally states that the continuity ties
be between "diaphragm chords". See 1633.2.9(4). This has been restated in
the
first draft of IBC2000 (1613.4.5.2.1). I argued the point successfully with
LA
County. You must, of course, check subdiaphragm shears and chord forces. As
member of ACI-551 (tilt-up committee) I have an opportuhnity to watchdog
upcomoing code provisions relating to tilt-up.  Hope this helps.   Hugh
Brooks, S.E.
PS: Re: tilt-up software.  I may be a bit prejudiced toward Enercalc's
tilt-up
panel program, as some of you know, but I have found it to be quite accurate
and easy to use.