Subject: welded moment connections
Author:  <BostonBTE(--nospam--at)aol.com> at fdinet
Date:    7/1/98 7:42 PM

Is there a database anywhere in the public domain documenting tests performed
on lateral load resisting moment frames. I'm aware of the FEMA publication
listing about 30 odd tested connections. I'm interested particularly in the
performance of connections where a wide flange beam is oriented y-axis
vertical and is welded flange to flange to a wide flange column. ( like a
truss).
Massachusetts currently has language in the latest edition of their building
code requiring full scale tests of welded frame connections for buildings
where frames provide the lateral stability.