Re: Steel Moment Connections

That's a good point. Like most other available references, the Guide is
based mostly upon loadings that do not require energy dissipation through
inelastic response and so is good in non-seismic and low-seismic cases.
In high-seismic cases (i.e., those with inelastic energy dissipation
requirements), newer references like the AISC Seismic Provisions (at the
printer, available in a few weeks), the NEHRP Provisions and the series
of documents now available from SAC must also be consulted. The coverage
therein on bolted connections for high-seismic design is still limited at
this point, but that won't be the case forever.

Charlie